Re: Migration from DTD to XSchema

Hi, Pete

Thanks for the clarification.

My initial hope is that XML Schema can help me get rid of DTD complete.
But it seems not always possible.
For example, if in my application, I'd like to make use of XHTML
elements as part of my schema, the issues is how to handle those general
XHTML entities?
If I don't include those XHTML entities in my schema, then probably I'll
not always be able to cut and paste XHTML source code into my document.
If I do declare those XHTML entities in my reduced leftover DTD,
definitely I cannot make it internal in each of my document, too bulky.
I'll have to put them in external DTD, then as we all know,
non-validating parser might not be happy with that.

Won't our live be easier if XML includes those HTML entities by default?

Henry