Re: Is the Type Library draft valid?

Hi,

Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> Kasimier Buchcik <kbuchcik@4commerce.de> writes:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I have a question regarding the component constraint "Derivation Valid
>>(Restriction, Simple)" related to the draft Type Library at
>>"http://www.w3.org/2001/03/XMLSchema/TypeLibrary.xsd".
>>
>>We have the following definition in
>>"http://www.w3.org/2001/03/XMLSchema/TypeLibrary-nn-array.xsd" :
>>
>><xs:simpleType name="valuesType">
>>   <xs:list itemType="xs:anySimpleType" />
>></xs:simpleType>
>

> Yes, that's at best making assumptions in a grey area, and at worst
> wrong.
>
> The introduction of anyAtomicType in the latest draft for version 1.1
> of W3C XML Schema http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-1/ would provide the clean solution.

But for an implementation of XML Schema 1.0 this is wrong, according to
the spec pieces provided with my previous mail, right? I wonder what
reasons Xerces-J and XSV have not to fire an error here. Is it just a
bug, or do those processors allow this, since the spec's restriction
would otherwise refuse to allow dearly needed definitions? So,
knowingly violating the spec?

Thanks,

Kasimier