Re: Extending abstract elements with a choice

Hi Shane,

Your schema is not valid. You cannot restrict a sequence with a choice,
this is forbidden, see
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#cos-particle-restrict

If you use extension instead of restriction then your schema is also
invalid as it violates the Unique Particle Attribution
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#cos-nonambig

the content model will be:
((Object1{0-1}, Object2{0-1}), (SpecialObject1 | (Object1, Object2)))

and when the parser encounters Object1 it will not know what particle to
follow, either Object1{0-1} or Object1.

Hope that helps,
George
George Cristian Bina
<oXygen/> XML Editor & XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com