'Re: "Re: Multiple imports of the same namespace"'

Hi,

on 8/23/2004 4:52 PM Anli Shundi wrote:

> On 8/23/2004 10:16 AM, JGLACE@lmi.org wrote:
>
>>I am receiving an error when I validate a Schema that has multiple
>>imports of the same namespace when I use XerceJ 2.6.2. I've recreated my
>>problem using some simplified Schemas below.
>>
>>I'm hoping this group can verify that my Schema are correct. The main
>>question being is importing multiple files of the same namespace legal
>>and am I using the correct syntax.
>

> Yes, they are legal but the spec gives leeway to schema processors in
> locating schemas. As Michael Kay laid it out in the previous post, Turbo
> 2.4.1, Xerces 2.6.2 (and XSV 2.7-1) opt for the easy way and skip the
> second import.

This seems a reasonable mechanism to give the schema processor some
optional locations: e.g. if importing from the web, some of the
resources might not be available at all time; so it would look for the
next options until a resource is found.

> And, No: none of the tools is based on any of the others.  Other Tibco
> tools do handle multiple imports of the same namespace from different
> locations as more and more applications are making use of such constructs.
>
> -Anli

Seems reasonable as well, since the components bound to a specific
target namespace (or none) could be defined in seperate documents -
allowing the importing schema to import just the needed subset of
components.

I would like to have both But with clearly differentiated mechanisms.

[...]

Regards,

Kasimier