RE: Questions on Value Validations

From this description, it's not clear what you're doing wrong. There are
masses of rules that you may be coming up against, but it's not possible to
see what's going wrong without seeing your code.

Michael Kay

  _____

From: xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Ayman El-Geneidy
Sent: 08 April 2004 04:54
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Subject: Questions on Value Validations

I am trying to set a range for a schema element and would appreciate if I
can get some advice on the best way to do it.

What I am trying is to set a restriction on a simple type element, then
referencing that elment in a complex type, and finally reference that
complex type in a different complex type (root element).

Are there any restrictions when using <xsd:restriction> on referencing the
resulting element in a different element?

If the boundary conditions are repeated for other elements, what is the
cleanest way to achieve that?

Please excuse my trivial questions as I am fairly new to the subject.

Thanks for any help.

Ayman