  From: Xan Gregg
  To: Ayman El-Geneidy ; xmlschema-dev@w3.org
  Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 2:12 PM
  Subject: RE: Beginner's Question - Schema Validation Problem

  TurboXML reports that the qos definition is invalid:

   <xsd:element name="qos">
    <xsd:complexType>
     <xsd:element ref="performance" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
     <xsd:element ref="information" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
     <xsd:element ref="configuration" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
     <xsd:element ref="security" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
     <xsd:attribute ref="service_key" use="required"/>
    </xsd:complexType>
   </xsd:element>

  Inside of complexType you need something like <xsd:sequence>, which should enclose the <xsd:element>'s, but not the <xsd:attribute>.

  xan