Re: schema <include>

Stefan.Wachter@gmx.de writes:

> your instance document is incorrect because the <Name> element is
> declared to be unqualified. Yet, in your instance document you
> declare a default namespace that is also applied on the <Name>
> element. Therefore the <Name> element is qualified in your instance
> document which is in conflict to the declaration of the <Name>
> element.
>
> To my knowledge the elementFormDefault of an included schema is NOT
> overwritten by the elementFormDefault of the including schema.

I concur with Stefan's analysis.

One further point which might help -- elementFormDefault applies
_only_ to _locally_ declared elements.  Firma and Person are both
declared at the top-level (note this does not mean they are the
document element in some instance, just that their declaration is not
subordinate/local in their schema), so they _must always_ be
qualified, given that Firma (directly) and Person (via the chameleon
include rules) have a target namespace.  So Name is the only element
to which elementFormDefault applies, and this works as Stefan
summarises above.

                      Half-time member of W3C Team