Re: Question on Importing external namespaces without schemaLocation Attribute

"Subramanian Peruvemba (PV)" <subramanian.peruvemba@oracle.com> writes:

>     Have a schema that uses attributes from an external namespace. The
> schema itself is implemented as collection of includes. These included
> schemas use (imports) attributes from the external namespace (like
> xml.xsd). Should all the individual schemas provide schemaLocation
> attribute for the imports? Or is it enough for the main schema file to
> provide the schemaLocation.

As you describe them, your schema documents are fine -- each one that
references a foreign namespace must <import> that namespace.  The
processors I'm aware of only need one location hint for the right
thing to happen at validation time, so you should be OK on that front
as well.

                      Half-time member of W3C Team