Re: Inconsistent Validation - mixed content and group

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 01:43:06PM +0200, Eric van der Vlist wrote:
> > I meant this only in the sense that a many data types will have
> > difficulty being interpretted meaningfully on mixed content.  For
> > example, imagine
> >
> > <A>start<B>middle</B>end</A>
> >
> > If the data type for A is any numeric data type, a date, or some
> > pattern, it will be very difficult to meaningfully apply.
>
> This is also what I meant :-) ... with Relax NG you can define what
> "start", "middle" and "end" look like. And this is so simple that it's
> surprising that other schema languages may stumble on this issue:
> <element name="A">
>  <data type="TypeOfStart"/>
>  <element name="B">
>    <data type="TypeOfMiddle"/>
>  </element>
>  <data type="TypeOfEnd"/>
> </element>

Well, what do you know -- simply my lack of experience with Relax NG.
Thanks for that.  Even more reason to learn more about Relax NG.

Ian.

--
Ian Stokes-Rees, Client Services      DecisionSoft Ltd.
Telephone: +44-1865-203192            http://www.decisionsoft.com