RE: [XSV and XML Spy] mixed="true" and <simpleContent/>

What part of the W3C XML Schema recommendation do you think makes this
invalid? I looked at section 3.4 of the Structures document[0] and
couldn't find any place where having a mixed attribute with the value of
true and a complexType with simpleContent is disallowed.

Furthermore the rules for determining the {content type} of the
complexType are fairly unambiguous. The simpleType derivation takes
precedence over the mixed attribute (which in fact is ignored and not
factored in at all in determining the content type).

[0]  http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#Complex_Type_Definitions

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Never eat yellow snow.