Non-empty element content (was Re: [xmlschema-dev] <none>)

If you want at least one non-whitespace character, you could also specify a pattern, for instance:

<xsd:element name="Name">
  <xsd:simpleType>
    <xsd:restriction base = "xsd:string">
      <xsd:pattern value = "[\s]*[\S][\s\S]*"/>
    </xsd:restriction>
  </xsd:simpleType>
</xsd:element>

Best regards,
--
Jacques Deseyne

Nell Golding wrote:

> Thank you very much for all your kind and quick answers.
> I understand that I should formulate my question more clearly.
> Nevertheless I've got the help I needed.
> I experienced difficulties with a declaration of the element's content, when
> for example it should contain character data, but must not be empty.
> Now I see, that it is necessary to constract new simpleType with a string
> type restriction on minLength.
>
> So, something like this...
>
> <xsd:element name="Name">
>      <xsd:simpleType>
>           <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string" >
>                 <xsd:minLength value="1"/>
>           </xsd:restriction>
>      </xsd:simpleType>
> </xsd:element>
>
> Best Regards,
> Nell G.

Jacques Deseyne
IT/Interfaces Dept.

Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (S.W.I.F.T.)
Avenue Adele, 1
B-1310 La Hulpe (Belgium)
+32 2 655 3111
http://www.swift.com

This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information that is
confidential and/or proprietary and is intended for the sole use of
the recipient(s) named above. It is not intended to create or affect
any contractual arrangements between the parties. If you have received
this e-mail by mistake, please notify the sender and delete it immediately.
Thank you for your cooperation.