RE: Confirmation needed: block attribute

Hi Eric,

> If I specify an empty string in the element definition and nothing in
> the type definition, the actual value for the element will be "", the
> actual value for the type definition will be the default one (thus
> "restriction") and the result will still be "restriction". Can you
> confirm this (since I find if rather confusing) ?

No, the empty set is different from the attribute being absent.  In this
case, there would be no disallowed substitutions.

> Now, if my type and element definitions are defined in two different
> schemas with different default values, can you confirm that
> each of them
> use the default value of its own xs:schema ancestor if all the cases
> (include, redefine and import)?

That is correct.

Hope that helps,
Priscilla
Priscilla Walmsley                          priscilla@walmsley.com
Vitria Technology                            http://www.vitria.com
Author, Definitive XML Schema                  (Prentice Hall PTR)

http://dyomedea.com/formation/