Re: wildcard

Hi,

Rahul Srivastava wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am sorry if this question has been asked before on this list.
>
> In the spec, 3.10.2, describing wildcard, it says:
>
> namespace = ((##any | ##other) | List of (anyURI | (##targetNamespace | ##local)) )
>
> Here, actually the brackets confuse me!. Can I represent the above as:
>
> namespace = ##any | ##other | ListOf( anyURI | ##targetNamespace | ##local)

Yes. I wasn't under the table, but my guess is that the brackets are
coming from the way the schema for schema (from which most of the rec is
generated) is defined but they are useless since

(a or b) or c  == a or b or c.

> If no, what meaning do these brackets add?.
> If yes, then the above means, namespace can be either ##any or ##other or ListOf(...)
> where, ListOf( anyURI | ##targetNamespace | ##local) means
> ListOf( anyURI ) or ListOf( ##targetNamespace) or ListOf( ##local )

No.

It's a list of (anyURI or one of the special strings ##targetNamespace
or ##local) that can be combined together.

i.e. "##targetNamespace http://foo.bar" is valid.

Hope this helps.

Eric

--