 From: Jasmin Wason
 Sent: Wed 9/19/2001 10:06 AM
 To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
 Subject: Restricting the schema for schemas

 Hi,

 I have a program that parses XML Schemas and I would like to
specify a
 few restrictions on the XML Schemas it can read. For example I
would
 like to specify that it will only process XML Schemas that allow
element
 names to be a maximum of 20 characters long.

 Would it be possible to write an XML Schema that is a subset of
the
 schema for schemas ( http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd )
using
 restriction and then schema validate other XML Schemas against
it?

 Thanks,

 Jasmin