Re: Restriction of complex types by changing minOccurs

Hi,

Jeni Tennison wrote:

>>I suspect I still haven't quite understood. Specifically, I didn't
>>understand what Eric meant by
>>
>>"This would limit the recursion to the top level of complex type
>>definitions, which seems reasonable..."
>>

> I think he meant that when you restrict a complex type, the schema
> processor doesn't keep looking down the type/element/type/element
> hierarchy, expecting a (restrictive) change in the content of each
> element. Instead, you have to explicity specify that an element's type
> is a restriction of the base element's type.

Yes, exactly: if you have a complex type defining a content model such as:

<a>
  <b>
   <c>
    <d/>
   </c>
  </b>
</a>

and you want to change something on the type of number of occurrences of
"d", you will have to explicitely express the derivations of each of the
levels!

Eric

--
Rendez-vous à Paris pour le Forum XML.