Re: <include> with XSV (web-version)

Eddie,

Wow, I am so glad to hear I am not the only one-- I was getting worried <g>.
Well I did some more digging (and a couple more samples) and seem to have
found some success.

The first set does not work (as described earlier), uses xs: as the schema
prefix (which is the default) and has no DOCTYPE:

http://xml.definedsys.com/schema/instance.xml
http://xml.definedsys.com/schema/element.xml
http://xml.definedsys.com/schema/children.xml

The second set does not work, uses "" as the schema prefix and has no
DOCTYPE

http://xml.definedsys.com/schema/instance2.xml
http://xml.definedsys.com/schema/element2.xml
http://xml.definedsys.com/schema/children2.xml

The third set *does* work, uses "" as the schema prefix and has a DOCTYPE.
(By working I mean children3.xml correctly raises an error when validating)

http://xml.definedsys.com/schema/instance3.xml
http://xml.definedsys.com/schema/element3.xml
http://xml.definedsys.com/schema/children3.xml

For anyone else interested I used the following DOCTYPE in element3.xml

<!DOCTYPE schema
  PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XMLSCHEMA 200102//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.dtd" [
  <!ATTLIST schema
    xmlns:r CDATA #FIXED "http://xml.definedsys.com/samples">
  <!ENTITY % s ''>
  <!ENTITY % p ''>
]>

This is overriding the parameter entities p and s to be blank (no prefix for
schema elements, which is why the second example failed) and adding the
declaration of the xmlns:r attribute on the schema element (which is why the
first example failed).  In Eddie's case I suppose the entities should look
like:

  <!ENTITY % s ':xsd'>
  <!ENTITY % p 'xsd:'>

and the ATTLIST should probably look something like:

  <!ATTLIST schema
    xmlns:xsd CDATA #FIXED http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema>
    xmlns CDATA #FIXED "http://foo">

The fact that the first two examples did not work without a DOCTYPE is still
a little frustrating-- especially the first one-- I suppose this makes sense
as it is failing DTD validation (which is now the first step DOCTYPE or
no)-- but still a little frustrating.

Thanks,
Jeff Rafter