Re: XSV - support for datatypes: when?

"Henry S. Thompson" wrote:

> "Roger L. Costello" <costello@mitre.org> writes:
>
> [...]
> > When can we expect datatype support in XSV?  /Roger
[...]
> To be honest, there is no known date when simple datatype support will
> happen, sorry.  Needs resourcing, basically.  I'll raise it with the
> W3C.

To elaborate slightly on "needs resourcing," I'd be more
than happy to see somebody out there contribute primitive
datatype support for XSV. It should be fairly straightforward,
if tedious, to do, for anybody who knows python.
(I say this having only looked
at the XSV source code *very* briefly.)

Heck... actually, learning python might be a small part of
the work, so if you're conversant in any OO language
and willing to pore over somebody else's code and
the datatypes spec, I'd give you good odds.

All I can offer in the way of compensation at this point
is widespread acknowledgement, i.e. a little bit of fame.
Maybe a t-shirt ;-)
But if some enterprising consultant wants to propose
some contract work, I suppose everything is negotiable...