Re: Final clause in attributes

Hi Roman,

Roman Rytov wrote:

> I was trying to create a list of acceptable attribute values for my
> element. Like in  Enumeration Facet example I made following:
>
> <xsd:simpleType name="RequestType" final="restriction">
>                 <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
>                         <xsd:enumeration value="Set"/>
>                         <xsd:enumeration value="Get"/>
>                 </xsd:restriction>
> </xsd:simpleType>
>
> After that I want to use this list in one of my element's attributes
> values:
>
> <xsd:complexType name="Header">
>         <xsd:sequence>
>                         <xsd:element name="Info" type="xsd:string"/>
>             </xsd:sequence>
>             <xsd:attribute name="Type" type="RequestType"
> use="required" fixed="Set"/>
> </xsd:complexType>

If the above declaration are the only ones you with regards to the
RequestType (that is you don't have any restrictions later on in your
schema) then it is a valid schema. What validator are you using to get
the error message below? It seems strange to me that you get that error
message if you're not trying to restrict the RequestType.

/Eddie