Re: validating xml schemas with the standard schema

Hi Paul,

Paul Jakubik wrote:

> I am still having problems getting things to work. I
> am using Xerces 1.4.0. I use a header that looks
> something like this:
>
> <xsd:schema
>   xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"

> xsi:schemaLocation="file:///e:/paul/maple/schema-evolve/validate-files/XMLSchema.xsd">

I don't have any experience with Xerces 1.4.0 but one thing that could cause your problem
is that you use xsi:schemaLocation in your schema. xsi:schemaLocation is used in the
_instance_ document to give the schema processor a hint on where to find the schema to be
used for validation.

Cheers,
/Eddie