Re: redefinition errors

MarkH@i2.co.uk writes:

> [...]

Sorry if you understood me to be insulting your intelligence.  I made
a mistake I should recognise by now, namely assuming the XML DTD
terminology was common knowledge, which of course it isn't.

Forget that, then.  In the XML Schema context, here's the relevant
text [1]:

  "If the {particles} [of a model group] contains, either directly,
  indirectly (that is, within the {particles} of a contained model
  group, recursively) or implicitly two or more element declaration
  particles with the same {name} and {target namespace}, all their
  {type definition}s must be the same."

A model group is (the schema component corresponding to) a <choice>,
<all> or <sequence>.

Hope this helps

ht

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#cos-element-consistent