Re: Bug in XSV?

Don Mullen wrote:

> > But what if the CardCatalogueEntry type was qualified using a
> > prefix. Ie for the
> > schema to be included ( myNoNamespaceSchema.xsd ) I have:
> > <schema xmlns:my="http://myNS"
> > xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema">
> > <xsd:element name="Book" type="my:CardCatalogueEntry"/>
>
> This would not be schema valid.  You are attempting to use a namespace
> prefix for CardCatalogueEntry, when in fact it is a "noNamespace" schema,
> with CardCatalogueEntry defined within the schema module.

Sorry I wasn't very clear.  My intension was that the CardCatalogueEntry is now
declared in another schema (with targetNamespace "http://myNS") as opposed to
Roger's original example where it is within the same schema module.

> In order to reference schema components, you must either have <import>ed
> them from a namespace (in your example "http://myNS") that also has a prefix
> (via xmlns:prefix) or reference the current schema (with no namespace or a
> targetNamespace).

okay, I was being lazy with my "...", sorry about that.  I should have, as you
suggest,
<import namespace="http://myNS" schemaLocation="someOtherDoc.xsd" />

My main problem is to do with the prefix - namespace pair mappings and the
wildcard's namespace constraint.  Do you use the original mappings and original
namespace constraint OR do you ( as is done in Roger's case when the type defn
is also included), translate your prefix - namespace pairs and wildcard
constraints using the new including schema?

mick.