Re: does schema support relational and logical opertors ??

Hi anand,

In short - No.  W3C XML Schema does not support relational and logical operators.

anand awasthi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> my question is that if define my schema like following :
>
> <attributeGroup name="trigger-attribute-group">
> <attribute name="XYZ()" value=" ((X < 20) && (Y > 400)) || (Z == 45) "/>
> <attribute name="ABC()" value="MAX(J:TT)  ==  20"/>
> </attributeGroup>
>
> i want functions XYZ()/ABC() to be trigeered if the condtion in value attrbute
> is true....

There have been previous posts [on the xmlschema-dev list that is.  Try to avoid
cross-posting ] suggesting the similar ideas, like can the appearance of an
element be dependent upon the appearance / value of an attribute.  The answer is
no, but I think ht may have mentioned it is likely to be a feature of an extension
to schema.  But my memory isn't that good so I'll leave it up to you to search the
old messages to confirm.

> can i parse my schmea for relational and logical operators/...does schema
> provides these
> operator supports ..

This has been asked a few times, maybe it could make an appearance in the FAQ
Francis?

> or you couls pls suugest some better option....but

> definitely i dont want to
> do this in my java program...

I think you'll have to..... but I have a feeling that Schematron may do it for
you, but I'm not even a novice in Schematron so you should look for yourself
[http://www.ascc.net/xml/resource/schematron/schematron.html]

mick.