Re: [Moderator Action] XSV

"Dan Sullivan" <dsullivan@develop.com> writes:

> Here are three schemas I have validated using XSV (downloaded and on run on
> a Win2K system)
>
> I don't think that any of them are valid, but XSV says that they are:
>
> <schema xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema'
>         targetNamespace='htps://www.develop.com:content'
> 		xmlns:tns='htps://www.develop.com:content'
> >
> <simpleType name="myS2" base="string"/>
> <element name="myElement" type="tns:myS"/>
> </schema>
>
> This is not valid because there is no tns:myS

That's not an error in the schema document as such.  Other schema
documents might provide a definition for tns:myS by the time it gets
used.

> <schema xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema'
>         targetNamespace='htps://www.develop.com:content'
> 		xmlns:tns='htps://www.develop.com:content'
> >
> <simpleType name="myS2" base="string"/>
> <element name="myElement" type="myS2"/>
> </schema>
>
> this is not valid because there is no type myS2 in the
> http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema namespace.

Same answer.

> <schema xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema'
>         targetNamespace='htps://www.develop.com:content'
> 		xmlns:tns='htps://www.develop.com:content'
> >
> <element name="myElement" type="urType"/>
> </schema>

Same answer.

In all cases, if you try to use these schemas to validate an instance
which actually contains a 'myElement' element in the relevant
namespace, _then_ you will get an error.