Re: Modifying imported types, and validating XHTML on XSV

From: Sean Palmer <wapdesign@wapdesign.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:08:12 -0000
To: "Martin Gudgin" <marting@develop.com>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>, "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
> > > Will XSV be able to cope with a modularized version
> > > of XHTML recasted into
> > > XML Schema(?) - i.e.could we use it in its current
> > > state to competently
> > > validate an XHTML Family.
> > I hope so :-)
> [MJG]
> I can confirm that the redefine support in XSV does work; I've tried some
> simple examples. You can find 'base' schema at[1], importing schema at[2]
> and instance at[3]. These are just adding an xml:lang attribute to a
complex
> type but I think they illustrate the principal.
These instances work, but will it work for an XML Schmea version of m12n -
which will be a lot more complex? The real issue is: can XSV be modified to
validate the constraints set out in the m12n specification [1]
This is all speculative, becuase there might not even *be* an XML Schema
version of m12n; but let's hope so!
c.f.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html-editor/2000OctDec/0065.html

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/xhtml-modularization-20001020.html
#s_conform

Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer
WAP Tech Info - http://www.waptechinfo.com/
Mysterylights.com - http://www.mysterylights.com/
XHTML Modularization Resource - http://xhtml.waptechinfo.com/modularization/
"The Internet; is that thing still around?" - Homer J. Simpson