Re: schema parser limitations

Lindsey McNerney wrote:
> I'm attempting to validate some sample XML documents
> against schemas using both the Oracle schema processor
> 0.9 and Apache's Xerces-J parser v1.1.1 and am not
> getting the expected results...When I validate the
> following XML document and supporting schema using the
> Apache parser, errors are not being detected e.g. the
> schema defines the element order and a set of
> enumerated values for the "StoreLocation" element,
> however the elements are out of order in the sample
> document and contains an incorrect enumerated value.

Xerces 1.1.1 does exhibit the problem that you state. However,
the current code in the CVS repository correctly reports the
problem. We should have a new release with these changes soon.

Did you also notice that your sample specifies a type for the
StoreLocation element as well as providing a simpleType
definition? You don't need the type attribute on the element.

--
Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * andyc@apache.org