Re: [Moderator Action] validating an xml without internet connection

At 11:10 AM 7/11/00 +0900, Martin J. Duerst wrote:
>Well, I guess you get them from the net, or you get them via
>some other medium, such as a floppy. The easiest way to do
>things (easiest for the end user) is to make sure your
>application has a reasonable local cache built in.
>I think both libwww and jigsaw (both available as open
>source from W3C) include that.

Caching is a wonderful answer, provided you have access to the original or
an acceptable mapping to a substitute.  Presently neither is reliable.

>>Sadly, I think my question remains largely unanswered, but given the
>>current state of URI processing, I think it's wiser to take it to a
>>different forum.
>
>It looks like you seem there is a problem with the current state of
>URI processing. Can you be more specific?

Certainly, but I've already moved it to xml-dev:
http://www.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/2000/07/0265.html

Simon St.Laurent