Re: [Moderator Action] validating an xml without internet connection

"Henry S. Thompson" wrote:

[...]
> > The problem is I need to be able to validate my schema without having to go to
> >      the internet. Is there any way that I can validate my schema without
> >            connecting to the internet? I tried to save the url
> >  [[www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema]] to my hard drive and calling that file at the
> >                top line of my schema. But it doesn't work.
>
> Sure, you can use xsi:schemaLocation _in your schema_ to provide a
> pointer to a local copy of the schema for schema documents.

We should add local catalog/caching support to XSV, ala SP's[1].
It shouldn't be necessary for folks to mess with their instance
documents just to tell XSV where local copies of web resources
are available.

In fact, XSV does have a primitive form of catalog, doesn't
it? It accepts the equivalent of schemaLocation stuff
on the command line, no? (browse source code a bit...)
no, I guess it doesn't.

[1]  "SYSTEM sysid1 sysid2
     This specifies that sysid2 should be used as the effective system
     identifier if the system identifier specified in the external
identifier was
     sysid1. sysid2 should always be quoted to ensure that it is not
     misinterpreted when parsed by a system that does not support this
     extension. "

	-- SP - Catalogs
	http://www.jclark.com/sp/catalog.htm