Re: XMLP WG Issue 240 Resolution

Dear Web Services Co-Ordination Group members,

My apologies for not responsing sooner. There seems to
have been an email problem and I did not receive David Fallside's
July 31 email [1], which was just brought to my attention today.

The P3P Specification working group is not satisfied with
the resolution to issue 240 [2]. We do not believe the XMLP
group has met the requirement that it be possible "to associate
a P3P Privacy Policy with an XMLP message." Nonetheless,
given that the XMLP working group does not believe that
further work on this issue is within their charter, we would
be satisfied if the issue would be assigned to another web
services working group which does have a charter that
permits it to work on this.

The P3P Specification working group hereby requests that
the issue we raised with the XMLP group in [2]
be considered by the WS CG so that a process can be
put in place by which this issue can be resolved. It is critical
that this issue not fall between the cracks simply because
no group believes it fits within their charter. The P3P
Specification working group would be happy to assist one
of the web services groups in resolving this issue. Perhaps
this issue could be resolved most expediantly by appointing
a cross-group task force that inclues a couple of members
from the P3P group and a couple of members from one of the
web services groups.

Regards,

Lorrie Cranor
P3P Specification Working Group Chair