RE: issue 227

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the clarifications... a couple more comments below, mostly happy
if things are indeed resolved as clarlified.

Ok...

<snip/>

> >>* We will leave 'web method' as a mandatory feature of the http binding.
> >>

> > The status quo is mandatory provision... which is fine. Mandatory use...
> > have seen no justification for such a constraint.
>

> <maj>'Mandatory' here means provision.  'use' is discretionary.</maj>

Ok...  I am happy with that (I had expected the WG to resolve in favour of
mandatory 'use' - so this is a pleasant surprise).

Will the HTTP binding specification specify the bindings behaviour in the
event that the Web Method feature is *not* used by a client of the HTTP
binding? At present, if webmeth:Method is not present or unset in the
relevant message exchange context, the binding specification makes not
statement about what HTTP method should be used (see original statement of
Issue #227 for suggested remedies).

<snip/>

> >>* It is possible for a binding to make all features optional.
> >>

> > Again could be clearer about 'use' or 'provision'.
>

> <maj>This was added to ensure that a binding could be specified
> (provision) to have no obligatory features.  In this case, 'use'
> would have to likewise follow 'provision'.</maj>

<snip/>

> --
> Mark A. Jones
> AT&T Labs