Re: URIs quack like a duck

From: John Cowan <cowan@locke.ccil.org>
Date: Mon, 29 May 100 20:50:59 -0400 (EDT)
To: michaelm@netsol.com
Cc: xml-uri@w3.org
Michael Mealling scripsit:

> The 'backward compatibility argument' doesn't hold much
> water with me... How many applications actually depend on this change?
> If it isn't in the hundreds of thousands then I don't really care....

Feh.  You are willing, then, to dishonor your word, provided only a
few persons who relied on it are "inconvenienced" thereby?  Remind me
never to call *you* as a witness for anything.

By issuing a Recommendation, the W3C as an organization pledged its word.

	Yes, I know the message date is bogus.  I can't help it.
		--me, on far too many occasions