Re: Namespaces and namespace names: a new synthesis?

From: John Cowan <cowan@locke.ccil.org>
Date: Mon, 29 May 100 17:29:59 -0400 (EDT)
To: simonstl@simonstl.com (Simon St.Laurent)
Cc: xml-uri@w3.org
Simon St.Laurent scripsit:

> What does 'making namespaces resources' actually do?

It means that you have a standardized way (RDF) of describing any
properties you may wish them to have, such as:

	owner of the namespace

	timestamp indicating when the namespace was created

	human-readable documentation about the names in the namespace

> What is the resource nature of a namespace?

X is a resource iff:  1) X has an identity function (clouds are out,e.g.)
and 2) there is an URI that identifies X.

	Yes, I know the message date is bogus.  I can't help it.
		--me, on far too many occasions