Re: Inclusions and other gotchas (was:Re: inclusion)

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 17:24:42 -0400
To: xml-uri@w3.org
At 04:44 PM 5/26/00 -0400, Eve L. Maler wrote:
>[...]
>We discussed using FPIs and the like, but were told that the only
>acceptable choice
>
>[...]
>We were told that it's a no-no to use restrict the list of valid URI
>schemes; it was all or nothing.

This passive voice on 'we were told that the only... all or nothing' is
really saddening, especially given the apparently endless nature of where
those 'we were tolds' have taken us.

I doubt Eve can say more, but there's enough here to be depressing.

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth
http://www.simonstl.com