RE: peace and quiet

From: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 22:33:15 -0400
To: <xml-uri@w3.org>
Thanks for the nice summary. After careful consideration, and my initial
inkling that absolutization was the way to go, I now conclude that the
current namespace spec is correct and that namespace URIs ***including
relative URIs*** ought be compared literally (char-by-char).

This is most consistent with other URI usage where 'path' normalization is
done at the server's discression though the URIs themselves are not
'identical' e.g.
http://www.x.com/a/./b/c and http://www.x.com/a/b/c are not identical URIs
though resolve to the same content/document on most servers.

Usage of relative URIs will have the well identified pitfalls. So be it. You
makes your choices you gets your consequences.

If anyone cares (or is counting) that is my final vote :-))

Jonathan Borden