Re: the case of two bats

From: John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 09:58:31 -0400
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, "xml-uri@w3.org" <xml-uri@w3.org>
Dan Connolly wrote:

> Hang on... I haven't see any documents that would suffer from
> a revision of the namespace spec to say "expand the xmlns
> attribute value to absolute form before comparing it with
> other namespace names"

Neither have I, but I don't think that my evidence is conclusive evidence,
nor your evidence either.

I frequently need to tell people who want to write code that relies on
undocumented behavior: "Anything not documented to exist must be treated
as if documented not to exist."  I will now invert that maxim:  "Anything
documented to be legal must be treated as if it existed, because somewhere
or other it undoubtedly does exist."

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>