Re: Use cases

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 19:42:43 +0100 (BST)
To: mrys@microsoft.com
CC: xml-uri@w3.org

> All the relative URIs that our tools generate (AFAIK) are intradocument
> URIs. An example for inline schemas is:
>
> <doc>
> <Schema name="Schema" xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-data"
> xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes">
> <ElementType name="customer" content="empty" model="closed">
> 	<AttributeType name="CustomerID" dt:type="string"/>
> 	<AttributeType name="CompanyName" dt:type="string"/>
> 	<AttributeType name="ContactName" dt:type="string"/>
> 	<attribute type="CustomerID"/>
> 	<attribute type="CompanyName"/>
> 	<attribute type="ContactName"/>
> </ElementType>
> </Schema>
> <customer xmlns="x-schema:#Schema" CustomerID="ALFKI" CompanyName="Alfreds
> Futterkiste" ContactName="Maria Anders" />
> </doc>

Is that really the form that you always generate?
If so unless I am mistaken you are not affected by a*n at all.
All those namespace URI are absolute aren't they?

Your processor may (and does) take the x-schema URI and manufacture a
URIreference by removing the prefix, and in this case you end up
withthe relative uri reference #Schema which you use for locating the schema
but to a generic xml namespace parser you just have an absolute URI from
an unregistered x-* uri scheme don't you?

David