Re: Relative URIs were never intended as a namespace name.

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 17:10:52 +0100 (BST)
To: xml-uri@w3.org

>   Relative URIs were never intended as a namespace name.

It has been stated (and I have no reason to dispute it) that
the possibility of relative URIs wasn't intended/discussed.

> If relative URIs are to be used as part of a namespace
> specification, I feel it should be a new (or revised)
> recommendation

but I have never seen anyone before claim that the _current_ namespace
spec doesn't allow it. None of your exhibits causes me to change the
my view that it does!

One of them,

   Exhibit E:  Interaction with XSLT/XPath
   Not one of these specs talk about relative URIs or

Is false as xpath does mandate a behaviour for relative namespace URI:
make absolute.

David