Re: Are *relative* URIs as namespace nemes considered harmful?

At 02:55 PM 5/16/00 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
>> _Should_ anyone use relative URIs, and should that extra processing be
>> expected of all namespace processors?
>
>The amount of extra processing is trivial: it's a red herring.

Extra processing is trivial.  Retrofitting existing code (either direction)
is not.

>Should
>we stick to our commitments, or say that they were in error because
>in conflict with our basic vision?

It's not been made clear here what precisely those 'commitments' were, or
what the basic vision is.

Could you (or someone) clarify?

Thanks!

Simon St.Laurent