Re: Collect Proposed wordings (Was: Can everyone be happy?)

> From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen (frystyk@microsoft.com)

> My point is that somebody defining a namespace MUST NOT assign different
> semantics to two names that according to the properties of the URI space
> are the same name. This doesn't mean that an application consuming a
> document with namespace identifiers have to now any normalization rules...

That's an awfully good point, and one of the things that is so obvious
most of us veterans that we fail to see the necessity for writing it
down;
I would think that if we do have to update the NS spec, it would
probably
be worth adding a sentence to the paragraph that defines "identical",
just
underlining this point.

Unless we go for compulsory absolutization of course, in which case it's
not necessary. -Tim