Re: 1343 messages later

At 04:12 PM 6/13/00 -0400, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
>I would summarize [1] as clarified as the abolutization in principle
>but with it pointed out that in certain cases systems
>can be demonstrably correct without actually knowing the base URI.

That's unfortunate, because I summarize it as no absolutization in
principle, but absolutization as something that can be layered on top of a
parser by an application.

>I would find it very acceptable if there were a consensus
>with this proposal (with clarifications in the wording) on this
>list.  I would then suggest we take it back to DOM and
>all the groups which are looking for a way to go forward.

I hope there is consensus, but as I find myself reading [1] with the
clarifications made in [2] and [4], I'm still not sure we're on the same page.

>I would second Al's call for a lull in issues which do not
>pertain to this until we can declare victory on it.

I'm finding those other issues far more interesting than the absolutization
debate, and hope they find a welcome home somewhere, whether or not victory
is declared.

>[1] - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-uri/2000Jun/0406.html
>[2] - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-uri/2000Jun/0460.html
>[4] - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-uri/2000Jun/0481.html