Re: what "huge problem" with XML Base? [was: red/green XML]

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Jonathan Borden wrote:

> > Please provide an example of a document that, when parsed using an
> > XML Base conformant parser, is not well-formed, whereas when parsed
> > with an XML Base unaware parser is well-formed *under the same
> > assumption of how relative namespace names work*.
>
> Assuming relative URI refs are compared literally:  .... no problem...
>
> Assuming absolutization of relative URI references when used as namespace
> names:

[example snipped]

You are using the word "well-formed" in the sense of "conforming to
the Namespace Rec".  That will confuse people greatly.

It is a well-formedness restriction that "a:foo" and "a:foo" not appear
as attributes of the same element.

It is *not* a well-formedness restriction that "a:foo" and "b:foo" not
appear as attributes of the same element if prefixes "a" and "b"
are bound to the same thing.

	"You need a change: try Canada"  "You need a change: try China"
		--fortune cookies opened by a couple that I know