Re: Philosphy 101

Larry Masinter wrote:

> Are there any practical considerations left besides deciding whether
> we should 'disallow', 'deprecate' or 'define' the use of relative
> URIs in namespace names?  Once you strip away all of the philosophical?

The point of the philosophical inquiry is to see if by stepping back
we can come to some more general conclusion than the stark opposition
of "Is so", "Is not", "Is so, twizot!" where we started.

As for your formulation: deprecation requires definition, so we have:

	disallow, aka "forbid"
	define as literal, aka "literal"
	define as URI reference, aka "absolutize"

Remember that this mailing list was begun because we couldn't get past
this place.

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>