Re: The 'resource' identified by a namespace name URI should be the namespace

At 12:57 05/06/00 -0400, Dan Brickley wrote:
>- the terms defined in a Web vocabulary need Web identifiers so others
>   can make statements about them.

OK.

>- we need to know which such statements are authoritative, ie. produced
>   by the creator of that vocabulary, not gossip, mappings etc produced
>   elsewhere.
>
>URIs help with the former; connecting namespace URIs to notion of
>authority helps with the latter.

I don't think so.  Statements don't divide neatly into the two classes
"authoritative" and "gossip".  There is a (potentially large) class of
statements made by people other than the namespace owner, but which I want
to regard as trustworthy for the purpose of some processing I am doing.  As
John Cowan suggested elsewhere, digital signatures are a more appropriate
mechanism (if you care that much).
--
Cheers,
John