Re: The 'resource' identified by a namespace name URI should be the namespace

Michael Mealling wrote:

> But they don't need to resolve the URI in order to be able to
> reason about it. They just need the URI to act like a URI...

True.  But namespace names are not URIs; they are URI references.

> And if you use that URI to name your namespace that is perfectly valid.
> Your just saying that the namespace is named by something that
> also identfies your mailbox. No problems there... A name doesn't
> get to define how or why it gets used, just what it names and how long
> you get to trust that. (plus I would claim that using an email
> address as a namespace name violates the persistence requirement
> that the Rec puts on those names).

One of my email addresses has been around longer than 99% of the .com names on
the Internet.  Why do you think it is not persistent?

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>