Re: The 'resource' identified by a namespace name URI should be the namespace

Michael Mealling wrote:

> Your mixing the defintions of 'name' here. "Komarr" is not its name. Its
> its title.

A quibble, sir, a quibble!

If you don't like a book, consider a person.  I might be identified by
"urn:us-ssn:13550censored", but my *name* is the string "John Cowan".

> I still don't get the distinction. Why do you need "the URI of a namespace"
> if the namespace is already named by a URI (assuming we semi-deprecate
> relative URIs)?

Semi-deprecated or not, they exist and can't be ignored.  Particular software can
ignore them, but the Infoset (of which yrs truly is the Humble Editor) needs
to treat them in some systematic way, which it is the job of this
current process to decide.

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>