Re: The 'resource' identified by a namespace name URI should be the namespace

On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 06:56:24PM -0400, John Cowan wrote:
> Michael Mealling wrote:
>
> > See http://bailey.dscga.com/TR/xslt
> >
> > I just gave it a name. I downloaded the HTML and put it on my server.
> > Its bit for bit, byte for byte equal...
> >
> > Now, do they name the same thing?
>
> No.  No XSLT implementation will recognize an xsl:stylesheet element
> where the xsl: prefix is defined using
>
> 	xmlns:xsl="http://bailey.dscga.com/TR/xslt"
>
> As I have proved before, the fact that two URIs access identical
> entity bodies proves nothing either way, a fact quite independent
> of namespaces.  A URI identifies a resource, and a resource is
> not the same as an entity body.

Correct. So whether or not the resource is identical is irrelevant.
Its the fact that the URIs are different which determines if two
otherwise identical resource can really be considered the 'same'.
In other words, an injective quality is really irrelevant....

-MM

Michael Mealling	|      Vote Libertarian!       | www.rwhois.net/michael
Sr. Research Engineer   |   www.ga.lp.org/gwinnett     | ICQ#:         14198821
Network Solutions	|          www.lp.org          |  michaelm@netsol.com