Re: The 'resource' identified by a namespace name URI should be the namespace

Michael Mealling wrote:

> See http://bailey.dscga.com/TR/xslt
>
> I just gave it a name. I downloaded the HTML and put it on my server.
> Its bit for bit, byte for byte equal...
>
> Now, do they name the same thing?

No.  No XSLT implementation will recognize an xsl:stylesheet element
where the xsl: prefix is defined using

	xmlns:xsl="http://bailey.dscga.com/TR/xslt"

As I have proved before, the fact that two URIs access identical
entity bodies proves nothing either way, a fact quite independent
of namespaces.  A URI identifies a resource, and a resource is
not the same as an entity body.

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>