Re: Registration of application/xenc+xml

At 14:45 04/05/26 +0200, Jose Kahan wrote:
>Hello Martin,

Hello Jose,

Many thanks for your followup.

>On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 03:46:12PM +0900, Martin Duerst wrote:
> >
> > I hope you are the right person to contact about the registration
> > of application/xenc+xml, or can tell me who that would be.
>
>Joseph told me that he would be interested in following this, but that
>was long time ago. Let's try to get the ball rolling in the meantime.

Yes. There is really not much that you need to do.

> > You can find all the details for the new registration procedure at
> > http://www.w3.org/2002/06/registering-mediatype.html#Planned.
> > Because your spec is already a REC, some of the instructions
> > have to be modified a bit. Basically, you should start at
> > bullet two of point 3, where it says:
> > "Send a request to Dan Connolly and Martin Duerst, IETF liaisons,
> > with the following information:".
>
>I need some feedback from ex-XML-ENC WG members. The current XML
>Encryption Syntax and Processing Specification [1] has a section
>that includes the XML-ENC MIME type registration [2]. I believe that this
>is the registration request that was sent at the time.
>
>Unless there are some objections in this mailing list, I propose
>we reuse the same request. Let's say that if we don't hear any complain
>by Friday EOB, let's do it.

It would be very good if you can keep the registration as is.
If you have to change it, that would make things more complicated.

>One question, though. Will be need to edit the spec to say that
>this is the MIME type or add an errata once it is accepted?

Adding an erratum saying that this is now accepted makes sense.
But I don't think more is needed.

> > So I'm waiting for a registration request from your group, in
> > order to forward it to the IESG and to IANA. I'm tracking the
> > status of the registrations at
> > http://www.w3.org/2002/06/registering-mediatype.html#Status,
> > and have added an entry for xenc. Please help me keep that up
> > to date.
>
>Ok, if there is no additional feedback, let's do this on Monday or
>earlier if we get some kind of approval here :)

Looking forward to it.    Regrads,   Martin.