Re: Registration of application/xenc+xml

Hello Martin,

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 03:46:12PM +0900, Martin Duerst wrote:

> I hope you are the right person to contact about the registration
> of application/xenc+xml, or can tell me who that would be.

Joseph told me that he would be interested in following this, but that
was long time ago. Let's try to get the ball rolling in the meantime.

> You can find all the details for the new registration procedure at
> http://www.w3.org/2002/06/registering-mediatype.html#Planned.
> Because your spec is already a REC, some of the instructions
> have to be modified a bit. Basically, you should start at
> bullet two of point 3, where it says:
> "Send a request to Dan Connolly and Martin Duerst, IETF liaisons,
> with the following information:".

I need some feedback from ex-XML-ENC WG members. The current XML
Encryption Syntax and Processing Specification [1] has a section
that includes the XML-ENC MIME type registration [2]. I believe that this
is the registration request that was sent at the time.

Unless there are some objections in this mailing list, I propose
we reuse the same request. Let's say that if we don't hear any complain
by Friday EOB, let's do it.

One question, though. Will be need to edit the spec to say that
this is the MIME type or add an errata once it is accepted?

> So I'm waiting for a registration request from your group, in
> order to forward it to the IESG and to IANA. I'm tracking the
> status of the registrations at
> http://www.w3.org/2002/06/registering-mediatype.html#Status,
> and have added an entry for xenc. Please help me keep that up
> to date.

Ok, if there is no additional feedback, let's do this on Monday or
earlier if we get some kind of approval here :)

-jose

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlenc-core/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlenc-core/#sec-MediaType