Re: More inter samples

On Thursday 14 March 2002 17:53, Jiandong Guo wrote:
> also noticed that  the example in section
> 5.5.2 (page 31) in [1] is still not quit right. To put it correct should
> be helpful for implementors.
> Here is the result of my computation of that example:
> Assuming that ZZ is 0xDEADBEEF, that would be
>     SHA-1(0xDEADBEEF30314578616D706C653A426C6F636B2F416C67666F6F3830)
> whose value is
>     0x534C9B8C4ABDCB50038B42015A181711068B08C1

Donald, please note I've changed the example that you sent me to Jiandon's
values.
 http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/Drafts/xmlenc-core/
 $Revision: 1.159 $ on $Date: 2002/03/18 20:16:31 $ GMT

> The current status of our implementation is listed at the end. Support
> for decryption transform will be added soon.

Ok. Let me know if I made any mistakes in updating:
  [2] http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2002/02-xenc-interop.html

> Also for each key encryption (key transport, key wrap, key transport)
> algorithm, it is stated explicitly in [1] that support for encrypting
> certain key sizes are required and for
> encrypting the other sizes are optional (e.g. triple DES wrapping of
> triple DES key is required and
> of others is optional). Should we reflect this in [2]?

That's a good question, I didn't want to repeat the requirements of our
summary/description of some of those algorithms, but you are right, we do
have some requirements over the sizes xenc implementations must support.
However, some of those sizes that are OPTIONAL. I don't think makes sense
to list them from the point of view of if there's no implementation,
striking their mention from the specification.

Looking at the spec, the following might be relevant to the interop matrix:

5.4.1 RSA Version 1.5: 192 MUST

5.4.2 RSA-OAEP:
 TRIPLEDES  192
AES *128*, 192, or *256*

5.6.3 AES KeyWrap
 128 bit AES Key Encrypting Key
 - Implementation of wrapping 128 bit keys REQUIRED.
 192 bit AES Key Encrypting Key
 - All support OPTIONAL.
 256 bit AES Key Encrypting Key
 - Implementation of wrapping 256 bit keys REQUIRED.

Ok, what I've done is I added [2] in parenthesis next to the algorithm the
REQUIRED key sizes that must be supported, let me know if that is adequate.