Re: XML Encryption Interoperability Report

On Monday 29 April 2002 12:43, Ari Kermaier wrote:
> The Phaos implementation now supports the Decryption Transform (editor's
> copy), which interoperates with Y1.

Ok, updated. Can you comment on the applicability or performance of using
it? [1]

> And, of course, we (inter)operate across the board with our own test set
> (Y2).

Aha!

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-encryption/2002Apr/0115.html
The first issue is performance. I tried to specify a performance profile
without much success given folks said it's too variable given the device,
language, and application requirements. So we ended with a "satisfactory
performance" requirement at the implementors' discretion, and I've had
three positive reports and no negative ones. The second issue was a request
for positive or negative experiences in an
actual application scenario: has anyone use xenc in their application and
encountered un-remediable problems that needs fixing? Particularly when it
comes to instance validity and the Decryption Transform for XML Signature?